Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Imma gonna need lots of Kleenex this next year.......

So it was official today that Blondie got his GED certificate. It has been a long, winding, hard road to get him here. It has been filled with ups and downs called life choices. None the less, I am proud of him.

So not only did we get his certificate in the mail, he immediately came home and wanted assistance to help register him for college for this fall at TCC. I chocked through it. We got it done and now I am alone in my room, typing and bawling my eyes out. Not because I do not want him to grow up, but because he has. And I know this is only a small step toward his own independence and existence in the world. He has not been my little ray of sunshine since last November when he turned 18. No it has been longer then that but it became official then. This friends has been a little harder then I thought it would be. No, no not raising him and all the tribulations that have come with it the last several years but the knowing that he will soon be leaving the nest so to speak. I am scared for him to go out into this world as mean as it is but I know he has to. Ok so Curly's departure from the nest can not come soon enough but not Blondie. Oh who am I trying to fool I do not want any of them to go but I know they must.

Tonight I have as I was helping him, reflected on him playing Pocahontas and being Captain John Smith. Oh he would run around in his skivvies re acting the movie. I reflected on him and the big eskimo playing in the mud and covered until all you could see was the whites of their eyes. Or more recently a midnight trip or an attempted trip out in the VW and getting stuck.. I will miss all of this. I will miss him most of all.

So sweet sunshine, go live life to it fullest and smile and have fun. Momma loves you.... Momma is proud of you.....

Night y'all.......I have to go get more Kleenex.......

No comments:

Post a Comment