Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Part II

Alright so when I left you in suspense, they had given me a shot to induce labor that had halted.

So here we go up and down this rollercoaster and finally around 3:00 p.m. the nurse (not nurse Carol- she was there already) came in and they discussed things and well let us say we all moved quickly. Carlos at this point had reduced to a puddle on the floor yes he passed out... Thank goodness Carol was there. The stomach pain was worse and Dr. Reed really did not make it in time. It was both nurses who delivered Javi at 3:09 p.m. All 7 pounds 11 ounces of him. But it was a race for life charlie brown....


Dr. Reed came in as Carol and the delivery nurse were working on Javi. It was not good. Dr. Reed sprung into action and began yelling things like get NICU team here and other things. I knew something was not right. I kept asking what was wrong and Carol kept telling me nothing. Finally Dr. Reed let an older gentleman take over his spot and came to the bedside. The words he told me scared me. He told me that the umbilical cord was around Javi's neck and that he was not breathing. They were doing everything possible to get him to breathe. For what seemed like hours but in reality was only 3 minutes Javi did not breathe. During this time, people came in and out and in and out. I was cold and I remember screaming for them to stop and let me hold him. IT was there at this point that Javi opened his eyes and screamed. And it was a scream loud enough that folks passing by in the hallway heard him. So there he was breathing and coughing. They made sure he was not going to stop breathing again and brought him to me... All he seemed to want to do was eat!

So there it is, how the runt went from 7-11 to be 16 today all 6-4 of him...

No comments:

Post a Comment