Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

In Laws, Family and Others......

Ok so the strike is going well. Not a one has offered up a union rep with an offer for me to look at. Although I did scrub the kitchen today. And now I am gonna sit and be lazy! But this week has been full of well jab, barbs, and words. Not nice ones at that... Advice has been solicited, and taken and ignored but most importantly, words have cut like knives. And it has not happened to just one person I know and love but a lot of ya. So here we all know I do not give advice unless ya ask and I will give you my opinion if you ask and you may not want that answer, but here I am giving some needed advice to those effected by words this week. And most likely this blog is gonna insure my spot in hell as I am certain I am gonna step on a toe or three. I do not care, grow up deal with it.

Now, when it comes to Family, you are pretty much stuck with what you got. Oh believe me I have wanted to create a family store where when we want a new one we can go purchase one. Yes I would offer a discount. Families are like grapes. There usually is a bunch of them. Some are tart, some sour, some sweet and some rotten as can be. There are ones filled with seeds, and without. So you get it. But families have a way with words, that well can be more then hurtful and damaging. It goes with that old adage, "chose your words wisely they can and will hurt you." Or "it may not be what you say, but the manner and tone in which you say it." The later is true. More often then not, I will say something and it just comes out wrong. I typically apologize but the times when it was warranted I do not.  Now, Lord knows I am not one to give advice on this as well I have had my fair share with my sibling and it played out before all to see. We have come to an agreement and have settled things and are now meeting eye to eye ( well her eye to my nose since she is not only older but taller.... ohhhhh I may get it for that older comment ). None the less it was a case of what was said was not that bad but the way it was said. And it is no ones fault.  So siblings, parents, cousins, etc., watch how you say what you say...

No In laws, well there is s subject. I have had one mother in law who I would have loved to have run over with a south bound train. Oh that woman just her name even now, sends rage through my blood. I would see her number come up on caller ID and well as in the movie Smokey and the Bandit when Bufurd T Justice wears the heart monitor, yep if I would have had one, it would have beep until it exploded. God love her she is gone now, but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING I did was right. And hell she lived 400 miles away. When the wind blew in from the north, I was certain she would be coming any second. Advice giving, nose where it don't belong mother in law. So there you go. Now mother in law #2 well that was fun. Not only did this woman give birth to 9 children, she did it without the aid of a hospital, and no drugs. Anyway, she lived in not only another state but country. And this helped as there was a language barrier. I am pretty certain she cussed me out more the once. No she never did. But we had our own thing. We communicated and go along. If she shoved me, I moved. If she needed something she would demonstrate just like the day she needed shampoo. She started scrubbing at her head making a whoosh noise and I got it she needed shampoo. She did learn some English and not dirty words from me.. More importantly, she loved me and her grandsons. Still does, when she comes to town, she begs Rodrigo for me until he brings her to me or I come there. I think maybe she loves, my left over I do not want clothes pile she gets but just let me live in my little fantasy world. I can tell you this, you mess with her and I might just have to whoop up on ya. Mother in law #3 is fun. She is as devious as me and gives her son just as I do a hard time. Her only advice has been "use the squirt bottle I tell ya." And I get that. MIL 3 though god love her met me for the first time AFTER we had been married almost half a year. It was a surprise visit on Mother's Day. She had no clue we were coming, and I added to that by sending her a text about how "little honeyboo" was making me cook. Well she offered a few kind caring words and then busted out when she opened the front door and there we stood. It was priceless. She was more nervous about her house then anything. TRUST ME THE HOUSE WAS FINE!!!!!!!!!!!! With a little help from "big honeyboo", we managed to keep her from making dinner and a pie that day. But MIL 3 well I feel bad. I wish we lived closer to her or vice versa. I feel bad at times, as well we live with my mom and help her. I wish that my monkeys, could help her mow, and various things. At least just go visit. Oh now before any of you start, yes MIL 2 lived over 1200 miles from us, but she has 2 sons living there and comes to visit about 4 times a year. MIL 3 has no clue what life would be if we were just closer. My point is, these two extraordinary women, that God has besieged on my life, have no clue that just them being there and listening to me when I need to vent about life's "blessings" is more then enough. I am sure one of them only pretends to understand as she can't really but MIL 3 well I have laid it on her at times. Hell when I got rear ended and honeyboo was out of pocket, I called her. At least she acted afraid for me and had pity on me. She did not offer advice but love and compassion.

Now I am getting to the point here so just keep your undies on ok...... Recently, words were said even if they were not intended to be said that hurt someone I love and care about. It made said loved one extremely uncomfortable and a question was asked that WE felt this way as well. I can assure you it is not how we feel and wish we could change things. I hope said loved one understands that under different circumstances then the present we would be there more often. See how the words that were laid out hurt?
It sucks. Now loved one has to wonder if we are speaking the truth or not. Rest assured loved one we are. So again whether you are a MIL or family WATCH your mouth and what you say and how you say it. You might be speaking out of your ear and not mouth with what you say. And do not keep compounding matters with your feelings and thoughts and making them everybody else's.....

As for the others, well dearest dearest big friend. I understand why you did what you did, and understand you have a valid point, but sometimes, folks just can not see the forest for the trees. And no you did not mention any names or call anyone out BUT they knew as they were guilty. They knew. That is why they deleted you and chose to draw you into a massive immature argument. So my advice here is the same watch what you say, and how. And know that folks sometimes when they know the truth, try and defend at no costs. Take comfort in the fact that some day, some way, they will get theirs. It might not be by you, but know someone has their number and they will get it.

So dear friends, loved ones, family, and others, rest assured if I ever say anything to you that upsets, you or is out of line let me know, and I will change it. Most likely this blog is gonna open me up for WW3 but I really do not care. People tend to say things and encompass everybody just because they have an opinion or thought.

I love you MIL 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smooches, loves, and hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment