Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Seperation of Church and State??????

The First Amendment to the Constitution says that we have the right to freedom of speech, and press. It also encompasses Religion so that each person is free to chose what and how they practice their preferred religion.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."       -- The First Amendment

Simply put,  this means that CONGRESS and OUR GOVERNMENT do not have the right to tell us what religion we can practice or when and where. It means that they can not "push or advertise" for a certain form of religion. I have listened for the last oh about two weeks people up in arms about Governor Perry's pray session. THIS FOLKS IS A SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE AND RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it through your freaking skulls that even though he is perhaps "quirky" he did not say only Catholics are allowed or Baptists or Methodists. He did not exclude Muslims, Jews or Later Day Saints. He invited ALL people to join him and pray how ever they normally do it and to whom ever they pray to, for our NATION and it's leaders. Perry did not hold a gun to anyone's head, or make a law passed by the house and senate that said we have to do this. GOOD NIGHT MARTHA!!!!! You people act like he committed a crime.

He did not EXCLUDE anyone and he did not hold this "session" at any state, or federal building. The man had every right to call it. I mean unless Reliant Stadium has been purchased by our government then it is a public place. I think the thing folks can not get past is that he is a Governor of a State located in the United States. Perhaps. NO Perry just had the balls to stand up and say hey our nation is failing and we need some ounce of hope for our people the people of this nation to cling to. So what the hell is wrong with that? ( and before any of you start I am not a Perry backer, just see that this is an agree to disagree situation.) It is no different then our forefathers who wrote our Constitution. They prayed read history and not just college or public school text or Wikipedia. Go and look. 

Part of our problem with this nation, has become the moral decline and social decline of society. We have learned to take things that 10 years ago we, NO ONE would have stood for.  We have become more concerned with making people happy and not offending anyone that we no longer are productive.  This blog is a perfect example, there are some of you who most likely have stopped reading as you are pissed off at me for defending Perry ( he does have good hair per Dr. Grammer and that I agree with) and then there are those of you who understand our laws, and Constitution as well as me and agree. This was done by a normal citizen of the United States although he is in a position of authority, to help others and ask for divine intervention. GET THE FREAK OVER IT!!!!!!!!!! and now I will tell you why....

I am Methodist/Baptist. Oh lord, I guess I am going to hell for sure as I hump the fence on which religion I want to really be.. Oh and I have had folks tell me that to my face. Well then this caveat assures my spot in hell, as once upon a time, I attended Mass at a Catholic Church on a weekly basis! Holy crap batman get the fire truck on stand by I may burn where I stand. NO I am not. Here is the deal folks, matters not to God what religion you practice only that you have faith and belief in him. It matters how you live your life here and if you have asked forgiveness of your sins and become/became saved.  I promise you folks, if you go to a church of different religion from the one you are at now, you will basically hear this message driven home. If not you may want to consider a new place of worship. Holy Crap she has pissed God off now. No I have not. I believe in God, Jesus and that Jesus died on the cross for my sins. There you go. I may not attend every time the door is open but I have a relationship with God. 

So are you getting the point????? Obama is Muslim oh lord is he going to hell? Only he and God know that answer. Perry is baptist ( I think ) and he says he felt a calling from god to initiate this pray session. Oh well I guess Perry and I will be happy in hell together. Thing is folks, Perry did nothing NOTHING wrong. Again it was held on a Saturday, at a public place and he called on ALL RELIGIONS. Heck he even invited Obama who of course turned him down. So my question is this, if this offended you and your religion are you right with God or you so narrow minded that you cannot see that God needed it to happen?


Ok so now call me a nut job whacko who needs help. Seriously, I am so tired of hearing day in, day out about how we can not mention God's name in public and how government has ruled that the 10 Commandments be taken out of public view. THIS TO ME IS NOT SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE this is the government saying "we do not want to offend anyone so take it out oh and you can not pray in public either." And due to that, that takes away our freedom of religion. I mean drive down any street past a church, and see the marquee with things like "pray for rain and our nation," or pray for our military or our leaders or he has risen for you. So when I see that I am not offended but I guess there are some who are... Ok wait, Churches, Synagogs, etc are public places correct? Hmmmmmm. So does this mean that they should no longer be allowed to advertise or ask folks to do something? Hmmmmm made you think did i not? And why pray tell me if we are to have such a parted of church and state, why is it that people who testify are normally sworn in to tell the truth and yadda yadda so God do you swear? They no longer have you place your hand on the bible but you get the point.. And why is it that Presidents, etc., are still sworn in using a holy bible???????


So if this is the case and we can no longer have the 10 Commandments posted outside of a 200 year old courthouse as it might offend someone then we need all churches to stop "advertising" their messages of faith, hope and love. Now I agree, prayer or its like needs to be back in public school, but I think there might be an answer to that as children can now spend the first three minutes of the day praying or just being quiet. Hmmmmmm seperation of church and state???? As for changing our pledge of alligence, ( ok i agree with this one that thing is too long) NO i am kidding, it was written by the folks who founded this country on guess what folks, PRAYER, FAITH and RELIGIOUS FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In God we trust. Crap what the hell do you think they had???? NOTHING BUT FAITH and TRUST in GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


We need to have faith and trust in God. We need to start taking back our homes, schools, churches, government and leaders and shake them around. We need our voices to be heard. We need to have faith, and trust in GOD to help rebuild the brokenness of our ways and society. We have the roles of male and females reversed, and our men are treated like they have no brains, and women as well. I won't even go into that one right now.......


So now that you have my head in this thing and my opinion, you still think Perry was wrong? I mean according to FOX news, he only did it cause he is considering running for office. WHO CARES why he did it, the fact again that he had balls enough to do it stands on merit with me that he maybe knows it is going to take GOD to change things. My only hope is, that he prayed for rain for Texas....... 


So I go now....... TO pray that my car does not get bombed for voicing my religious freedom and freedom of speech..... shhh i hear them coming.....


Smooches

No comments:

Post a Comment