Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Yes Jen there is a Santa Clause

Ok so call me uncreative, but yes I stole that line.. See the last few weeks the 7-11 runt who has now been renamed The Big Eskimo has been chatting with me alone in the stillness of the night oh I mean car about you guessed it FOOTBALL!!!!! Thank you God, Easter bunny, jack frost, and Santa and the Great Pumpkin. Well ok so do not get the pom poms out just yet but keep them close by. And if he ever finds out about this post most likely my life will be in jeopardy so if something happens to me and or the honeyboo, please check the contents of The Big Eskimo's stomach first then proceed with caution.

Today, he came out laughing from athletics.  He had a grin that  killed the cat. Oh you parents know that grin..... I got some song and dance but I know what it really was about. I was secretly hoping he got the nerve up to give that sweet little girl his number I mean if she is gonna write things like "HI you are my best friend" on his Spanish papers then she wants his number. Oh I lost my head let me find it ah there we go oh and yes Eskimo if you are reading this MOMMA KNOWS EVERYTHING well almost. So we chatted and he asked some questions, and mentioned a few uh things about "his team" and this and that. Oh I shall not bore one with the details just know that if you are a mom or you are "in tune" as they say then you know. But tonight as I was sitting outside watching honeyboo dig a hole no not for me or the "little people" or gma or the pack of barking rabbits, but finding the sprinkler, the Eskimo all but told on himself.

Yes the big Eskimo let the cat and the hamster and the fish and his crabs out of the box. Imagine my shear surprise and the joy I wanted to let out but I knew I could not. So this is how I am like Snoopy jumping for joy with a daisy in my hand. I just want to run and scream HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! THE FOOTBALL GODS HAVE SPOKEN AND ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD....  but I have to remain calm cool and collected as best I can. Why even honeyboo got wind of the hamster and crab coming out. I know he wants to jump for joy too but he is well exhausted. Oh I have to save that story for another blog....

See it is not that we are living vicariously through the big Eskimo it is just we know what has brought him happiness and we as well have suffered right with him through all the rehab, and pain. He cried, I cried even though he never saw my tears I still did. And the big Eskimo is good at what he does. He needs to just wipe off the dirt and mud and get right back up and do it again. I mean the doctor has sworn to me on his head his own head thank you that the Eskimo's leg is virtually bionic and chances of it happening again are few and far between. He said equate it to being struck by lightening.

So with all this said even if he decides last minute at midnight that he no longer wants to do it FINE I will be just as happy. But I know he does.. Now I am going to have some chocolate cake and keep my joy contained as best I can and know how... So there is my Santa Clause......

Night ya'll

p.s.- I am dusting off the pom poms as we speak and getting the RIDER NATION shirt out of storage for one more go.........

No comments:

Post a Comment