Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ice Ice Baby!!!!!!!!!!!

So it has become evident that 1) I do not know how to spell or use spell check..(just go re read a couple previous blogs) and 2) that at some point over the last week I have moved from my humble abode in Texas to what is now considered the TUNDRA formerly known as Texas. Geesh!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THE COLD!!!!!! Ok I will give you that I enjoy the snow but only if it lasts no longer than a day maybe day and a half. The ice I can live well without. The only ice I want is in my drink. The bitter cold that we have had over the last month, has got to go.. Oh mind you we have had four maybe five 80 degree days or better and I like it that way. Now before you start on me, I am not one who gripes much about the heat in the summer. Mind you I do not like it over 80 but loathe it even worse below 55... So that said, we have become a house divided....

One would think a house divided is over football or other sports teams, ours however is not. See honeyboo was born in Indiana and from what I gather well let us say they have half their year with this crapola on the ground. So yes he knows how to drive on it and bundle up for it but me heck bundle what up??? I mean do I not have enough fat on me to stay warm??? NOPE not even close. So while he has been enjoying this stuff and I use the term stuff loosely, I have been like a panicked cat chased by a dog. That man got me out in this stuff all four days... He made me a nervous wreck until I have no finger nails left, and no hair to pull out. Is he crazy? Oh most assuredly he is that. I mean little ole me would rather stay in where I can set my own temperature and not have to slip slide away just to go get a coke. I know better. I have the sense god and granny ( god rest her soul she would tell that boy he was crazy as a bull in a china cabinet if she were here) gave me to know better. No now don't get me wrong, he is a good driver, it is not that it is the other cow idiots on the road and the road itself that made me want a double shot of something.  I tell you what Tuesday we attempted to go to that Wal something store, and it took us over an hour to get there, normally it takes 15 minutes at the most. Scared? You bet your sweet you know what I was scared. I think the boy gave me more gray hair on my head then the kids could ever conjure. 


And the kids.... Oh heavenly days!!!!!! Sweet potato pie and be quiet..... I have not in my life seen children who went from HOORAY no school to OMG when is school gonna open I am bored. Well sons, if all of you are that bored I have plenty for you to stay occupied with..... But no they would rather complain like roosters crowing about NO school.... They need to hush themselves as they have had more ice and snow days then my whole 12 years in the pursuit of my educational career. I can count on two hands from kindergarten to my senior year how may snow days we had... So enjoy it.
I am amazed though that knock on wood or my head, that the boys have managed not to pull off a good knuckle skinning, hair pulling brawl over the last four days. I am amazed at that. I think I may have had to have hurt somebody myself if that would have began... 

Ok so i digress, back to house divided..... See honeyboo being a yankee type and all ( well now he can not help it cause he was born NORTH of the red river I love him no matter) is how do they say it "climiatized" for the gutless pain that winter can bring. Yes he can drive on it but he fairs the cold as well as the hot. And to him all that pretty white stuff is just a mess to clean up. To me it is a horrid train wreck. I mean the man could look out the window and not cuss. I however ( and yes god and I will make up sunday) looked out the window and cussed so a sailor would have blushed. I know there are those of you who just love the snow I do but it only needs to stay about 24 hours and I want it gone like a train! He thinks it was funny to scare me by gunning the car up the hills to let the back end slide ( oh there was no chance of a wreck with me in there he would not hurt one hair on my head) and watch my reaction and screeching. The more i screeched the more he did it and laughed. IT IS NOT FUNNY! Sweetheart when it does this the whole entire state shuts down... He would tell me about the salt trucks and the plows and ask why we don't have them here... I would just have to remind him that rarely does this happen... Then it occured to me, rarely, huh??? THIS IS YEAR THREE IN A ROW IT HAS BEEN BAD!!!!!!!!!! I mean last year about this time we saw 13 inches of the stuff for two days.... So I guess this will be a house divided by the snow and ice.....

And on day 2 of ice under siege, that darn groundhog predicted an early spring! Well all i gotta say is if he is right then spring better hurry up and sprung or that groundhog is a wanted varmit. I mean it... I will load up the girls (the lilly cat and  my little boston terriers ) and we will go find us the Puxatwany Phil!! And we will get him good and proper and make spring happen.  

So all said and done, I am looking forward to tomorrow when it warms up maybe and begins to melt faster then oh I am at a loss tonight........My brain is frozen solid like a pond,  but you get the drift. 

Live from the frozen tundra of Texas good night ya'll...... 

1 comment:

  1. So I wonder ... if spring doesn't come soon ... just how good is groundhog stew? I'll help you hang him.

    ReplyDelete