Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

LIfe or something like it......

Ok so that old song "Momma told me there'd be days like this......" Yeah you know that one... WELL I HAVE HAD A MONTH FULL OF IT....... I am DONE done! Stick a fork in me or meat thermometer I well done. I mean cooked...

The last two weeks let alone the last 7 months have been let us just say eventful.... I mean first we have mom who falls and has surgery... Things were rocking in the USA when Jbear got injured and broke his femur, and so here we go we get through the holidays and the beginning of the year a little scathed but ok.... THEN BAMOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bottom fell out right in our laps.... I mean life is stressful enough and I know all the God never gives you more, etc.. But God and I had a serious conversation yesterday... I hope he was listening, I know he was. For the last two weeks, I have literally done all I can via internet and computer with my english, crim law and other classes. I miss my professors. Really I do... And I know they miss me.. Thing is, what we have endured the last two weeks, would be enough to turn anybody's stomach.. Honeyboos, son, who resides in Louisiana, was diagnosed with for lack of a better term tumor on his brain. They did surgery this last week and all went well. We spent two weeks in Louisiana with him. Well first week we came home for 3 days and then left again. Lots of praying has gone on for us, him and the boys and mom and in general. I am appreciative of that. And thanks for it...And the first week we were home, I was on the way to school and got rear ended... Then come to find out Honeyboos best friend got it in the rear the same day. So we take our time and recover from that as we were preparing to go to Louisiana for little honeyboos surgery... We were half way through the middle of the wonderful delight of a city known as Dallas when momma called... I could tell when the phone rang it was one of those calls... I answered, and she began to sob uncontrollably.... I knew she was on her way home from the doctor and could not imagine what was wrong... So I finally got it out of her that she had been rear ended and pushed into another car.. Honeyboo, turned around.... I am not certain how fast he drove but last thing I remember was we were by reunion tower and next thing we are sliding sideways into the garage at Harris Hospital... So we got her cleared up and got a car so she would have one to drive in our absence and started yet once again for Dallas... You know sing with me "East bound and down......" It is still stuck in my head..... So we stopped by to check on our Vet at the VA and let the traffic clear out and as we left, Honeyboos sissy texts to say she had got it in the rear on the way home.... REALLY??????? Ok so I know they come in 3's but at this point I was about ready to hand over my license to the good hearted speedy folks at TX DPS.... Yes all are fine and the cars are all repairable well at least we hope.... But man all I can say is we must have we like to be hit from behind written on us somewhere......

But my need now, is for life to slow down to a simmer. I need to be home for more then an hour at a stretch. I mean my butt and brain think the only place I can study is in the car at 65 MPH or sitting outside waiting on somebody....... NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!! My bed has never looked so inviting as it did Friday night when we got home.... My shower well that was a refreshing treat.... I think it missed me as well... I know the dogs every time I grab my purse, look at me like are you leaving again???? And to top it off, none of this could have happened at a worse time then mid term exams week....So i got a little frustrated and thought God what did I do to piss you off???? But I did nothing... It was just circumstance and well you know..... Am I stronger because of it? I am not sure the jury is still out on that one.... This whole 7 month ordeal has given me reflection on what really matters and what should really matter... FAMILY be they blood or close enough to be blood they are there... I love all of you for all the prayers and support. I never knew how blessed all of us really were until now....

I have put into perspective what really matters to me as far as family and career... I know what I am supposed to do and will do it.... Even if that means I have to add a semester then so be it.... Life is too short to not count your blessings and give love....

That said I think I am gonna go sit in the backyard with the dogs and watch as the world goes by...

1 comment:

  1. Jen darlin ... you know I love you so please take this from Momma Nona ...

    The saying, "God will never give you more than you can handle" is so WRONG. GOD WILL!

    However, the saying "God will never give you more than you and HE can handle" is as true as they come.

    You are tougher for it ... I know you are.

    ReplyDelete