Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

It's

So it is our 1 month anniversary. So far we have not managed to kill or mame each other or cause any harm. In fact we have not even had a serious fight. In a little less then a month, we will have been together a year and married 2 months. And no we have not in all honesty had a fight or even an argument. I am not sure at times what to make of that. I mean we do not even get irritated with each other and go to separate ends of the house. It's well odd I want to say disturbing but it is not disturbing. See that is what the original blog was about. Marriage is not so much a compromise as it is a compliment. You should love and respect each other unconditionally. You should be will to see the others point of view and hold each other up like pillars that hold a building. I get it now. Took me three times of trying this marriage thing to get it but I did. Our story is odd, and funny and scary. But it all took place. It is living history as they say. I would not trade him for the universe if it was offered to me. I knew three days after our first date, that I was in trouble in a good way. I knew that we would be together for life well ok for a long time. It was like putting on my old favorite flip flops. Then it just happened. This is one of those I would not change it if given the chance things. He has given unconditionally of himself. His momma should be proud. He has endured many things and I am grateful that he has not once made me feel alone through any of it. He has not only stood behind me and pushed me up but he has stood beside me even if he did not agree. That is why I love him. And I did not realize what the statement "I love you more then yesterday and only half as much as tomorrow" really meant. I do now. I realize more every day how much I am in love with him. Oh I suspect he knows I love him but does not really understand.

So with this being our first anniversary, and Valentine's Day, has given me a reflective period on just what I do love about him. It is a good time for all of us to reflect on what about our "significant others" made us love them. Think back to when you first met and how giddy he made you feel. Think about the "things" you used to do for each other and to each other. I bet if you thought about it you would smile. There are many books out there on marriage and making it work, but for us we found that only one book truly worked, the good book, the bible. You never know what you might find. And when you read about submitting to each other, it means more then giving in or doing what you are told, it means listen to each other, hold each other, laugh with each other and love each other unconditionally.

Now, that I have made half of you cry and half of you barf I bet I can make all of you laugh.... Ok honesty we have not had an argument or fight but yes oh yes he has irritated me to the living end. But you know what I still love him for it.. He makes me laugh and cry and want to strangle him all at the same time.....
So when the big day comes Monday, just remember yes she or he would love flowers or chocolate, but the most important gift you can give is yourself and your unconditional love to each other. It is all that it takes to make it work.

And for my single friends, a wise man once said to me (R.I.P. Mr. Hodgson) STOP looking for love and it will find you when you least expect it and in the most unusual place. And you know what, if I could say one thing to the Hodgson, it would be DARN IT you were right again. (In another post I will explain Mr. Hodgson for now though he was right). You will as Mr. Hodgosn put it, not find it in a bar or other adult venue you may be walking down the street when it hits you. For me it sort of did...

Night and Happy Valentine's Day.... Love and smooches darlings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment